Total Pageviews

Friday, August 22, 2014

Govt Should Have a Channel of its Own: Javadekar


By Prabhu Chawla, Published:22nd August 2014 06:00 AM,Last Updated:21st August 2014 11:22 PM



Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar speaks to The New Indian Express Editorial Director Prabhu Chawla on the Narendra Modi Cabinet, Prasar Bharati, the issue of FDI in news media and GM crops on Sachchi Baat on India News
You are a jumbo minister. You have so many ministries under you. You were only a spokesperson. How do you manage all the work?
We start our day at 8 am. I work till 11 pm. There is no department 'a' or 'b' or 'c'. I am in Modiji's team. That's my department. I don't want any other department. I have fulfilled the work given to me with the pure sense of responsibility.

So many responsibilities have been designated to a minister. The Ministry of Environment and Forests is a full-time ministry in itself. The country's economy depends on it. Does Modi have a dearth of talented people?


1 comment: